Friday, February 19, 2010

Better late than never...


This is the first time I am visiting my blog in the New Year.As always,procrastination has had the better of me!Anyway,wishing everyone late but wishing everyone heartily...Happy New Year!

People often tell me that I write well.But I don't feel so myself.Because when I sit around idle,having nothing to do,I have ideas wrestling about and filling up my mind,but the moment I have my fingers ready to tap away on the keyboard,the ideas just seem to go bonkers!It would be too ingratiating and arrogant to call this writer's block because I ain't no writer yet:) but then what is it?There are time when I so feel liking writing out everything in my head...the good,the bad,the ugly...but then the desire somehow subsides!I wonder if there are people who have the same feelings as mine.

Anyway,the New Year so far has been a concoction of good,bad and depressing.I spent almost the whole of January drenching myself in the spirits of a new place where New Year had a slightly different meaning.In the place where I come from,New Year revolves around the last couple of days,maybe just the last week of December and the the first few days of January.While there are hearty wishes on the 31st and 1st and maybe the 2nd...the tempo gradually dies down and is almost non-existant from the 4th or 5th day onwards.But in the place that I am now,New Year seems to trundle on till the end of January.Although people come back to their workplaces by mid-month,the drippings on the long-enjoyed repose seem to hang on.Which is what I like, when people so mirthfully and dreamily speak of how they enjoyed the 'holidays' with their friends and family and all the goodies they had.I just like the spirit of goodness that wafts through during this time!
The New Year,for me,has been a bumpy ride from the start.There are some plans that have materialised, some that have failed to even kickstart!But then,living on with the uncertainties of life and living on accepting the fact that not everything will work out the way you want it to be, is wiser and humbler.Because I guess,the One who is in charge has His own ways for all of us!
I promise to myself that I will visit my blog more frequently in the New Year.Right now,the blog is quite aimless.But soon enoughI plan to gather myself up and plan a proper direction for my blog.So long,happy reading and stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment